PAL RTC: Highest productivity with the Robotic Tool Change. The PAL RTC with Robotic Tool Change is the logical (r)evolution of the successful PAL-xt product line. Sample prep for chromatography is no longer the bottleneck – automate your sample prep and sample injection – all on the PAL RTC.
Robotic tool change takes productivity to a new level
The robotic change of tools enables unattended 24/7 operation, even for multistep workflows and thereby greatly increases the productivity of labs. At the same time process safety is optimized since all operations become traceable.
Automation is the way to increase productivity and (process) safety in the laboratory. Transferring repetitive or dangerous manual tasks to a robot improves safety. The possibility to run the instrument 24h/day increases throughput, especially for long sample preparations.
The PAL RTC was developed to maximize productivity in analytical and clinical labs. Robotic Tool Change (RTC) brings sample preparation to a higher level. Every process requires a number of different tools for best performance, e.g. a 10µL syringe for the accurate addition of small volumes followed by the dilution with a 1mL syringe. Robotic Tool Change allows to switch between different tools automatically.
INNOVATIVE FEATURES GIVING REAL BENEFITS
Robotic Tool Change for productivity:
The unique Park Station enables the Robotic Tool Change.
- With different syringes available always the ideal one can be selected, for instance one syringe is reserved for standard addition to minimize carryover while 2 others are used for dilution steps.
- The RTC speeds up SPME method development by allowing automatic sampling of different types of SPME fibres.
- The PAL RTC identifies type of tool and its position automatically.
Increased Vial Capacity:
- 162 x 2mL or 60 x 10mL or 20mL vials/tray holder, other vial types and microtiter plates can be handled.
- With temperature controlled stacks a maximum of 9216 samples out of 24 MTPs can be handled.
- Cooled Stack with position control.
- Position detection means process safety. Missing vials or the correct position of the injector are detected and traced
- Position detection for the temperature controlled stack ensures that the drawer is in the correct position (open / closed) and the temperature is monitored.
Discrimination free Injection:
- Ultrafast injections down to 100ms reduce discrimination in GC down to C40/C20 > 0.98.
Minimized carryover and reproducible injection of minute sample volumes:
- Bottom sensing makes sure that small volumes can be injected out of a few μL of sample (e.g. 3 x1μL out of 5μL).
- With Constant Force Technology the PAL detects the correct position of the needle in the specially designed needle seal. Potential carryover is avoided.
- The vortex mixer is indispensable for serial dilutions or extraction steps. Supported vial sizes are 2, 10 and 20mL.
PAL Sample Control Software:
- Easy to use routine software that allows creation or import of sample lists to be done with a few clicks and with one more click sample preparation and data acquisition are started.
- Productivity. PAL Sample Control optimizes productivity by overlapping individual steps. In many cases runtimes of sequences can be cut to 1/3 or less compared to a sequential procedure.
- Powerful Method Editor. A powerful yet easy to use tool to generate custom methods is included.